It is easy to download and install MySQL on your PC , but what about making the connection to the database . Now that’s a little difficult task. I too found it difficult to do that . So I have come up with an alternative method to make a proper connection to your database , and then after that you can give any command and get the desired output .
- Mysql Workbench
- Xampp Server
Dont worry I have combined it and uploaded a zip file , you can download it and extract it and then follow the simple steps below .
Installing Xampp Server.
1. After you download , extract and open the folder you will see a Xampp setup file . Just double click it and you will get a box , which is shown here . Select your desired language and hit ok .
2. Now you will get orange screen asking for your permission to start the installation process.
3. Now select the folder in which you wish to Install Xampp and click next . Xampp will help us to set up the MySQL Server with databses .
4. Here it’s necessary for you to select all the options which are inside the red box in the below picture . Now click Install.
5. Now your server is being installed . It will take 2 – 3 minutes depending on the speed of processor and RAM.
6. After the files are installed you will get screen which says Installation Completed . Click on Finish button .
7. A few black screens will pop-up and automatically exit , don’t bother because they are starting your SQL server
8. Now you will get a popup saying Service Installation Finished . Hit ok and click yes on the next screen.
9. Never change the below settings.
10. Now Open your web browser and type 127.0.0.1 , And select your preferred language . I preferred English so I highlighted it . For other languages the steps are same , just follow the proper order .
11. Now select Security option , which is on the left side .
12. Once you select Security option . A new page will open , scroll down and search for the following link and click on that .
13. Here you are requested to fill the password for the MySQL Server . Remember the username is root which you cannot change .
If you fill the Xampp Directory protection , every time you open 127.0.0.1 you will be asked for username and password to login .
14 . Now you have Successfully setup the server for your MySQL editor to communicate with your Database . Now we will be installing MySQL (i.e.) MySQL Workbench V5.2.42 . Open the MySQL workbench from the extracted folder. Now click next so that installation process is started .
15. Select the destination where you would like to install MySQL Workbench and hit Next .
16 . Here select Complete Installation unless you’r a pro to do a custom Installation .
17 . It will take a little time to complete the Installation process .
18. Yipeee , your installation is successful . Now select Launch MySQL WorkBench and hit
19. Now this is the interface of the MySQL WorkBench . Under Open Connection to Start Querying , Double click on the Local instance Mysql .
20. Once you Double click on it , you will be prompted to enter the password which you saved for on the Xampp Security Page
21. Your Done . This is the place where you have to type the respective SQL commands and the desired output or errors will be displayed below in the OUTPUT area .
If you have any queries just comment here. It has taken a lot of time to make this tutorial , but it just takes a second to say Thanks .